- The types of information we collect about you and how we collect information about you;
- How we use information about you;
- How we share information about you;
- How we protect information about you;
- Customer preferences and Opt-Out choices;
- Additional provisions.
Your Rights to Dispute
Your use of our Site and our other Services are subject to binding individual arbitration of any disputes which may arise, as provided in the Terms and Conditions. Please read the arbitration provisions of the Terms and Conditions carefully and do not use the Services if you are unwilling to arbitrate any disputes you may have with us as provided in our Terms and Policies.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We, or a third-party service provider acting on our behalf (“Service Provider”), may collect personal information from you when you register with the Site; place an order on our Site; sign up for newsletters; participate in our offers and programs including sweepstakes, contests, and surveys; or otherwise contact us. This personal information may include your name, email address, zip code, gender, date of birth, race, ethnicity, income level, education level, parental status, marital status, primary language spoken in the home, photos/videos of you or other individuals, and, if you are making a purchase, financial account information (e.g., credit card, debit card or bank account information). Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the Services you use on shared devices.
Third-Party Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Tracking
We may also use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our Site and promotional messages. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use your zip code or geographic location and technology such as cookies or web beacons when they advertise on our Site or in email. These advertisers and ad networks may collect and use the non-personal information described above to provide you with relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, activities on our Site and other third-party sites, interactions with our email, demographic information, or information relevant to your general location so that the advertising you see on our Site or in email more closely reflects your interests. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, please click here. If you would like to disable web beacons used in our email, you should turn off or block “images” and/or HTML display in your email client. Note, however, that our systems may not recognize some or all Do Not Track headers from browsers. We may obtain information about you from third parties outside of the Services. When you sign-on to the Services or otherwise interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook “like” button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). We may also obtain information about you from a third-party data aggregator, cookie technology operator, advertising network, or another type of data company.
You are free to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Help” menu on your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We, or our Service Providers, may use the information that we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes. For example we may use the information to: (1) provide services, complete transactions, and communicate with Site visitors and customers; (2) develop new products or services and improve the user experience on the Site; (3) respond to your inquiries; (4) provide you with targeted offers and advertising on the Site; (5) contact you with information and promotional materials from our company and select business partners; (6) contact you when necessary; (7) review the usage and operations of our Site and Services; (8) address problems with our Site, our business, or our products and Services; (9) protect the security or integrity of our Site and our business, (10) allow you to participate in the interactive features of the Services, where you choose to do so, (11) display certain content, such as content you upload and make available, such as comments, reviews, etc., (12) deter fraud or any other potentially illegal activities, and to protect the safety of our users and others; (13) enforce our terms and conditions of services, (13) create consumer profiles and audience segments, which may be used for targeted advertising on the Services or on third party services, (14) recognize devices you use and associate the information with your profile. We may use data collected or received from others, such as information about devices you use, to make a deterministic or probabilistic match of advertising and cookie identifiers. For example, we or others may match devices you use if you log onto the same online service or multiple devices or web browsers (deterministic), or if devices you use share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user (probabilistic). We also may use this information, for example, to match a user’s interest across devices, as well as for analytics, ad reporting, or to improve the services, and/or (15) combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes We may also use your information as described to you at the point of collection, with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from promotional materials we send to you by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletter, email, or other promotional material.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
How We Share Your Information
- Third Parties so that they can market their products or services to you if you opt-in to subscribe to or participate in offers or promotions from these third parties;
- Co-Branded Services. Some Higher Frequencies services or promotions may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. We share your information with marketing partners that participate with us in co-branded services and promotions, including with movie exhibitors;
- Service Providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us;
- Protecting Our Rights as necessary if we believe there has been a violation of the Site Terms and Conditions of Use or of our rights or the rights of any third party;
- Judicial Process, for purposes of providing information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise required by law; We may use or disclose information to cooperate with or enlist the support of law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, content protection organizations or judicial processes with respect to, or to prevent, suspected or possible fraud or other suspected or possible illegal activities. We may also use or disclose information as we determine appropriate to the extent that records have been subpoenaed or otherwise in connection with pending or potential litigation, or to enforce or protect the rights or safety of Services users, us or others, or for risk management purposes;
- Consensual Disclosures, as described to you at the point of collection and consented by you;
- Order Fulfillment. To fulfill your purchase, we may share your contact information and financial account information with the movie exhibitor at which you are attending a screening and for which you are purchasing admissions, and with the provider of any other service or product from whom you are purchasing a service or product;
- Non-Personally Identifiable (or Aggregate) Information. We may share anonymous or aggregate information about Site visitors and customers to advertisers and other third parties for other marketing and promotional purposes. We will not share any personally identifiable information unless you have provided us with your prior consent to disclose such information;
- Operation of Law. Higher Frequencies may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected from and about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties;
- Social Networks: You may interact with certain features of the Services that cause information to be published to your social networks. Or, you may sign up for features on the Services or a social network that are designed to require that we provide to the social network, or the social network provide to us, information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, to associate our records relating to you in our data base with the records that social network has relating to you in their database, so that they or we can contact you or tailor messages to you, or otherwise. On pages of the Services that contain social network functionality, the social network providing the functionality may be able to collect information about you, even if you don’t use that functionality;
- Message Boards and Other Public Areas: Information you provide to or post on message boards, chat rooms or other public areas that are part of the Services may be freely used and disclosed by us;
- For Mobile, Consumer Electronics or Other Device Apps: We may share information (including Personally Identifiable Information and how you use mobile apps, consumer electronics device apps or other device apps) with mobile carriers, technology providers, analytics providers, device makers or operators, or the operators of platforms, operating systems or other mobile, consumer electronics or other device apps;
- Opt-Ins: In some places on our Services we may place opt-ins where you can select to receive communications from companies with whom we have promotional relationships. If you opt-in to receive those communications, or opt-in to consent to share Personally Identifiable Information with them, we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information to them;
- Contests and Sweepstakes: We may publicly disclose the name, city and state of contest and sweepstakes winners if permitted by the contest/sweepstakes rules;
- Sale of Our Business or Assets: If we sell all or part of our business or assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may, in our sole discretion, transfer, sell or assign any or all information to a third party as part of or in connection with that transaction. Upon such a transfer, the privacy policies of the acquiring entity may govern the use and further collection of Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information;
Links to Other Websites
Additional Information About How We Use and Share Information About You
If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, you may opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information by visiting the NAI Opt-out page or the DAA Opt-out page. Please note that even if you choose to opt out, you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. Please also note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising, we may still track your visits to the Services for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.